Easy & Scrumptious Strawberry Scones with Häagen-Dazs
We know that everyone is starting to get prepped and ready for the holidays, but for those of us missing it already, summer doesn’t have to feel like it was so long ago – especially with these sweet and fluffy Strawberry Scones, perfectly paired with Häagen-Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream!
Häagen-Dazs Strawberry Scones Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 Scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1¼ cup Häagen-Dazs Strawberry ice cream, divided
1 tsp vanilla
1¼ cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add cold butter and using your hands or a pastry cutter, mix butter into flour mixture until butter pieces are pea sized.
- Place one cup of Häagen-Dazs Strawberry ice cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat for seconds. Whisk the melted ice cream with the vanilla in a small bowl.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine. Once dough has just started to come together, gently stir in your chopped strawberries. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and gently kneed for one minute or until you can form a solid ball of dough.
- Roll dough until 1” thick, using a 2.5” round cutter, cut scones and place on a parchment lined baking sheet 1” apart. Take dough scraps and reform into a ball and repeat the rolling and cutting process one more time.
- Place the scones in the freezer for 15 minutes to prevent scones from spreading when baking.
- Remove scones from the freezer and brush remaining melted Haagen-Dazs Strawberry ice cream and brush on top of scones.
- Bake scones in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until scones are golden brown. Let scones cool on wire cooling rack and enjoy!
Tip: You can use any Häagen-Dazs ice cream flavour (without inclusions) in the scones and replace the strawberries. Use our chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips for a very indulgent recipe. Try our Dulce de Leche ice cream with Toffee bits, or any other combinations that you can imagine!
Tip: These scones will last a week in an airtight container in the fridge. You can have the leftovers for breakfast with butter and jam!