Apple Caramel Galette
With fall in full swing, this apple caramel galette is the perfect recipe. A tasty mix of sweet apples, cozy cinnamon, homemade caramel sauce, and a flaky pie dough, this recipe feels like autumn in every bite. Whether you’re looking to celebrate something special or just want a warm, comforting treat on a chilly evening, this galette recipe made by our friends at Taste Toronto captures the flavours of the season in the best way!
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Wholesale Club. Shop in-store or online!
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (warm)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 homemade or store-bought pie dough
- 3-4 medium-sized apples (granny smith or honeycrisp), cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the caramel sauce, in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar and water. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and let it cook. Swirl the pan occasionally to ensure even caramelization. Continue cooking until the sugar turns a deep amber colour. Carefully add the butter and stir until its completely melted.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream while stirring constantly. Be cautious, as the mixture will bubble up.
- Stir in a pinch of salt and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Apple Caramel Galette
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease a pie plate.
- Roll out the store-bought or homemade pie dough on a lightly floured surface to create a circle approximately 10 inches in diameter.
- Arrange the sliced apples in the centre of the dough, leaving about a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and ground cinnamon evenly over the apples.
- Fold the edges of the dough up and over the apples.
- Transfer the galette to the prepared baking sheet or pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Once the galette is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Before serving, drizzle the prepared caramel sauce over the galette.
- Serve the galette warm with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!