Holiday Brunch Recipes
There’s no better way to celebrate the holidays than with delicious comfort food and good company. If you’re looking to switch up your holiday traditions, try one of these mouth-watering brunch recipes our friends at Unilever provided. Add a Mexican twist to your morning or stick with one of the breakfast classics. Either way, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
Ground Meat and Potato Hash Stuffed Peppers with Fried Eggs and Hollandaise
A bold take on eggs benedict with a Mexican twist! This reinvented brunch dish evokes all the senses with exciting flavors, contrasting textures and colors
Prepare the Stuffed Poblanos
|Small mild or poblano peppers, fire roasted, peeled and seeded||16 each|
|Large onion, diced||0.5 each|
|Large russet potatoes, diced||2 each|
|Olive oil||30 ml|
|Seasoned ground meat, cooked||450 g|
|Feta cheese, crumbled||500 ml|
Finish the Dish
|Knorr® Ready-to-Use Sauce Hollandaise||1 liter|
|Sriracha sauce or any other hot sauce||60ml|
|Eggs, fried||16 each|
|Cilantro, chopped, for garnish|
- Prepare the Stuffed Peppers
- In a large skillet, sweat the onions and slow cook the diced potatoes. Add the ground meat and continue to cook until chorizo and potatoes have fully cooked. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the Feta cheese to the meat mixture.
- Fill each pepper with the hash mixture.
- Bake the stuffed peppers at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Combine the Knorr Hollandaise Sauce with the hot sauce.
- For each portion, place 2 stuffed peppers on a plate. Top with an egg, then drizzle with Hollandaise. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Fancy French Toast Sandwich
French toast with turkey, bacon, melted cheese and maple mayonnaise
Prepare the Maple Mayonnaise
|Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise||200 ml|
|Pure Maple Syrup||35 ml|
Prepare the Sandwich
|French Toast, prepared from frozen or use your own recipe||16 slices|
|Maple Mayonnaise, prepared||225 ml|
|Turkey, deli-style, thinly sliced||464 g|
|Bacon, cooked until crisp||16 slices|
|Cheese, Monterey Jack||8 slices|
- Prepare the Maple Mayonnaise
- Combine ingredients and chill.
- Spread two French toast slices evenly with prepared Maple Mayonnaise.
- Layer other ingredients to build sandwich and heat under salamander or broiler until cheese has melted.
- Serve with side of your choice .
Delicious and refreshing take on the Shirley Temple
Prepare the mocktail
|Knorr® Intense Flavours Citrus Fresh||240 ml|
|TAZO® Iced Tea Concentrate 5:1 Zen Green, not diluted||720 ml|
|Grenadine syrup||240 ml|
|Ice cubes||as needed|
|Orange, peeled, sliced||8 slices|
|Lime wedge||8 each|
- Prepare the Mocktail
- Fill glass with ice. Place all ingredients, but soda, in shaker with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain into glass to half glass. Top with soda.
- Serve garnished with orange slices and lime wedges.