Creamy Feta Dip with Homemade Naan Recipe
Savour the bold harmony of this spicy and creamy feta dip with homemade naan made by our friends at Taste Toronto. Creamy feta, enriched by roasted jalapeño, delivers a satisfying kick. The dip’s smooth texture complements the soft naan, creating a delightful blend of spice and savoury. Perfect for gatherings or as an appetizer, this duo adds excitement to any occasion!
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Wholesale Club. Shop in-store or online!
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (for brushing)
Creamy Feta Dip
- 200 grams Sunspun feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 head of garlic
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Zest of half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, yeast, cumin, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, and warm water. Add the yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until the ingredients come together.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for about 5-7 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the kneaded dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a damp cloth or plastic wrap, and let it rest in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
- Divide the dough into small portions, about the size of a golf ball. Roll each portion into a smooth ball, then flatten it into an oval or round shape using a rolling pin.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Place a rolled-out naan onto the hot skillet. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip the naan and cook the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes, until it puffs up and develops golden brown spots.
- Repeat this process for all dough portions.
- Once the naan is cooked, brush it with melted butter while it’s still hot.
Creamy Feta Dip
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Chop the top off the garlic bulb and drizzle it with olive oil. Wrap it in foil and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until garlic is golden in colour.
- Roast the jalapeños as well for 10-15 minutes. Remove, let them cool down, then discard the seeds and dice the peppers.
- In a bowl, crumble the feta cheese. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, heavy cream, and diced jalapeño. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb directly into the bowl.
- Using a fork, mash everything together until well combined.
- Serve the feta dip with warm naan and enjoy!