Eggplant Fatteh from Pita Basket Airdrie
This Middle Eastern classic is a favourite of Chef Ro of Pita Basket Airdrie. Eggplant Fatteh combines the delicious flavours of lemon, eggplant, and crunchy pita to create a vegetarian dish that is absolutely addictive.
Find everything you need for this delicious dish at your local Wholesale Club! Shop in store or online here!
For the Eggplant
For the Pita
- 4 8” round pita bread
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp sumac
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Roast the eggplant in the oven, then place in an airtight container in the fridge for storage. Before serving, simply heat them in the oven or frying pan.
- For the pita, deep fry them or toast them on a panini press until they are super crunchy.
- The sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Mix, then adjust the consistency as needed as it might thicken slightly. You can do this by adding a bit of water or lemon juice to thin it out.
Find Pita Basket Airdrie
Address: 30 Market Blvd SE #109, Airdrie, AB