Fitz’s Jambalaya Recipe
Get ready to spice up your taste buds with this mouth-watering jambalaya recipe! Packed with bold flavours, juicy shrimp, chicken, sausage, and a tantalizing blend of Cajun spices, this dish will transport you straight to the heart of New Orleans.
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Wholesale Club. Shop in-store or online!
Serves two people.
- 1 tablespoon garlic butter
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ½ celery stick, diced
- ¼ cup red and green bell peppers, diced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup canned diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 smoked sausage, cut into rounds
- 6 oz cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 8 whole shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- Bring a large pan to medium heat and add garlic butter, onions, celery, and peppers. Cook for one minute, or until just tender.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Add in cooked chicken and smoked sausage; sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika, oregano, Cajun seasoning, and cayenne; stir for 30 seconds.
- Add cooked rice and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with sliced green onions.