What better way to enjoy one of the classic flavours of summer than with this reinvention, an irresistible cheeseburger dip made with Sunspun mayo! Juicy ground beef is mixed with cream cheese, cheddar, sour cream, and caramelized onions, and baked in the oven for a mere 12 minutes. Topped with pickles, bacon, pepperoncini, tomatoes and secret sauce, this instant fan favourite, made by our friends at Taste Toronto, will keep you satiated until the sun goes down!
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Wholesale Club. Shop in-store or online!
Yield: Serves 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, diced (caramelized)
- 5 bacon slices, cooked
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Diced dill pickle (for garnish)
- Diced pepperoncini (for garnish)
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Sunspun mayo
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Crackers or bread, to serve
- Cook onions until caramelized, set aside. Pan fry ground beef in a teaspoon of oil, season with salt and pepper and cook through until nicely caramelized; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° Grease a round baking dish. In a large bowl mix the ground beef, onions, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, softened cream cheese, and sour cream together. Spoon into baking dish and spread top evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar and 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes. Turn the broiler to high for the last minute, or until the cheese starts browning.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Top with pickles, pepperoncini, bacon, and cherry tomatoes. Mix mayo, ketchup, and mustard together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the dip and serve hot with crackers or toasted buns!