Summertime Shrimp Tacos & Coleslaw
Try this loaded and refreshing recipe perfect for summertime!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 people
Difficulty of recipe: Easy
A perfect summertime recipe. You can BBQ the shrimps or sauté them in a pan. It’s a great recipe for hosting a taco themed party. Encourage your guests to top their tacos with the desired toppings. Shrimps can be cooked directly after mixing the marination or stored in the fridge for up to 2 days in the fridge.
For the shrimps:
18 medium sized shrimp thawed, deveined (3 per taco)
1 clove garlic minced
2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp cilantro (add after shrimps cook)
Optional Toppings: Avocado, corn, pineapple, green onions
For the coleslaw:
2 cups ready cut coleslaw of your choice
2 tsp avocado mayonnaise
2 tbsp sour cream
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp crushed black pepper
Juice of ½ a lime
- Marinate washed shrimps with oil, garlic and spices listed above
- Heat a non stick pan on medium with 1 tbsp olive oil and add shrimps. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimps are cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- To make the coleslaw dressing, mix all ingredients together and toss the cabbage mix.
- Layer the shrimps on the tortilla and top with coleslaw, avocados and green onions.
- You can also layer with additional toppings. Pineapple and corn are a few good ones!