Malcolm’s Spaghetti from Chef Malcolm’s Handmade Pies
We love serving pasta made with creamy sauce, crispy pancetta, and lots and lots of cheese! Chef Malcolm’s Spaghetti is perfect for cheese lovers and is a perfect dish to serve no matter the season.
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Wholesale Club. Shop in-store or online!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6oz thickly sliced pancetta (cut into 1/8 inch dice)
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (3 oz plus more for serving)
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and cream. In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until crisp, about four minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden, one minute.
- Add the spaghetti to the skillet. Cook over low heat, tossing, until coated. Slowly add the reserved pasta cooking water and beaten egg yolks. Toss until coated with a creamy sauce, about one minute. Add the parmesan and the nutmeg; season with pepper. Transfer to bowls and serve, passing extra parmesan.
Find Chef Malcolm’s Handmade Pies
Address: 1809a McDonald St, Regina, SK