EASY AND DELICIOUS BBQ RIBS
Nothing screams summer time like these easy and delicious BBQ ribs!
Cooking time: 8 hours
Serves: 4 people
Difficulty of recipe: Easy
These perfectly smoky and sticky ribs are super flavourful and simple to make! By baking these ribs first in your slow cooker and finishing them off on the BBQ will make for the juiciest ribs. Create your own spice rub and coat your ribs with your favourite BBQ sauce to add some serious flavour!
- 2 racks pork back ribs; membrane removed
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 Tbsp of each; onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, paprika and cumin
- Touch of chili flake (if you like it spicy)
- 1 cup favourite BBQ sauce (I like using President’s Choice Smokin’ Stampede BBQ Sauce)
- Prepare ribs by removing the membrane from the back of the ribs and discard. Lay ribs on cutting board or clean counter.
- In small bowl, stir together spices. Set aside.
- Begin by adding 1/2 tablespoon of spice mixture to the front side of each rack of ribs. Rub in spices so they stick. Turn racks over and divide the remaining spices between the two racks, rubbing in spices as you go.
- Add in 1 cup of water to slow cooker. Carefully place ribs so they stand along the sides of the slow cooker (they will almost make a ring around the outside of the slow cooker). Cook on LOW for up to 8 hours.
- Once cooked through, carefully remove the ribs from the slow cooker. Discard juices from bottom of the slow cooker and set ribs aside.
- Transfer the ribs to your BBQ. Over medium high heat, brush BBQ sauce of your choice on the ribs and cook for about 10 minutes or until sauce sets and ribs are sticky, crispy and delicious.
- Serve immediately with extra sauce to dip if you wish. Enjoy!