Tuna Cakes with Remoulade
A show-stopping appetizer sometimes falls to the wayside in preference for perfecting the main. We tend to fall back on the status quo bowl of nuts or olives, but if you want to impress your guests off the get-go, make these delicious Tuna Cakes made with Sunspun Chunk Light Tuna, accompanied with a bright and zesty remoulade.
With the summer hosting season just around the corner, impress your guests with these delicious Tuna Cakes with Remoulade – made with love with our friends at Taste Toronto!
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Wholesale Club. Shop in-store or online!
Yield: Serves 10
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups Sunspun Chunk Light Tuna (drained)
- 1/3 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/8 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups panko breadcrumbs (divided)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup pickles (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl add the tuna, onion, parsley, egg, mayonnaise and 1/3 cup breadcrumbs.
- Use a fork and mix everything well together.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of the tuna mixture. Use your hand and form into a patty.
- Once all the patties have been shaped, refrigerate them for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the rest of the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Lightly coat each tuna cake with breadcrumbs.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the tuna cakes for three to four minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Mix the olive oil and vegetable oil together.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg yolk and break it with a whisk.
- Very slowly, begin adding the oil in a thin stream while whisking continuously. If the oil starts to build up at all, stop pouring and whisk vigorously until it is incorporated. Continue adding the oil while whisking until all the oil has been used.
- Add in the parsley, pickles, and lemon juice. Mix well and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Serve the tuna cakes with mixed green salad, remoulade, and some lemon wedges. Enjoy!