Cantonese Chow Mein from Thuận Kiều
Find everything you need for this delicious dish at your local Wholesale Club, or shop online here!
Cantonese Chow Mein
- 225 g (half package) fresh chow mein noodles
- 2 oz vegetable oil
- Handful beansprouts
- ½ small garlic clove, chopped
- ¼ red pepper, rough cut
- ¼ green pepper, rough cut
- 4 broccoli florets
- 1” length carrot, cut in slices
- 1 small celery stalk, cut on bias
- 3 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 white onion, cut in half
- 3 bok choy leaves, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 fish ball, cut in half
- 1 fish cake, cut in quarters
- 3 slices bbq pork (about 1 oz)
- 2 16/20 shrimp
- 3 pieces of squid, cleaned, approx. 1.5” x 1.5”
- ¼ oz white cooking wine
- 6 oz hot water
- 1 tbsp corn starch slurry (2 oz water mixed with 1 tbsp corn starch)
- 1 tbsp sugar, msg, salt mixture (1 part sugar, ½ part msg, ¼ part salt)
- Boil noodles until cooked, cool, reserve.
- Blanch all vegetables in water until ¾ cooked, reserve.
- Prepare squid by cleaning, skinning, score half tubes with knife in cross hatch pattern, cut into approximate 1.5” x 1.5” pieces.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tail intact.
- Blanch squid and shrimp in water until ¾ cooked, reserve.
- Heat 1 oz vegetable oil in wok until hot, add noodles, handful bean sprouts, and ¼ of sugar/msg/salt mixture.
- Stir fry to heat noodles and create slight crispy texture, remove and reserve to serving plate.
- Heat 1 oz vegetable oil in wok, add chopped garlic, blanched vegetables, seafood, bbq pork.
- Stir fry 30 seconds, add cooking wine, remaining sugar/msg/salt mixture.
- Add 6 oz hot water, corn starch slurry, cook until sauce has thickened.
Pour over cooked noodles on a serving plate, serve hot.
Find Thuận Kiều
Address: 1275 Highbury Avenue North #116, London ON