Raspberry & Coconut Chocolate Bars Recipe
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, what could be better than a deliciously chocolatey and fruity recipe to please your taste buds and that of your better half? Here are tasty bars that perfectly combine the richness of chocolate, the sweetness of raspberries and the exotic taste of coconut, all enhanced with a subtle touch of cinnamon and cardamom. Get ready to celebrate love on this special day!
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Wholesale Club. Shop in-store or online!
Original Recipe: Geneviève Plante (Culinary Creator behind The Parsley-Color Green Blog)
Photo Credit: Laura G. Diaz
Yield: Serves 8
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
- 1 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients for the filling until a uniform texture is obtained (but with slightly textured coconut).
- Cover a rectangular bread pan (standard size) with parchment paper. At the bottom of the mould, pour in the filling. Using a spatula, spread evenly and press well. Place in the freezer for about 50 minutes or until the mixture is well set.
- Line a rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the oil and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Caution: do not cook too long so as not to burn the mixture. Remove from heat.
- Remove the raspberry filling from the freezer and on a work surface, cut it into eight equal bars.
- Using two spoons, dip a bar into the melted chocolate to coat it well. Place on the baking sheet and repeat the operation for all the bars. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until the chocolate is well hardened.
- Taste and enjoy! This product can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days, or kept in the freezer in an airtight container