Get to Know Afshin Rahimi of Farsi Food
Name: Afshin Rahimi
City: North Vancouver, BC
Current Restaurant: Farsi Food
Favorite Hobbies: Tennis, classic guitar, and photography
Favourite Food to Eat: Any and all types of kebobs
Chef Q & A
1. What is your earliest food memory?
My earliest food memory is of my mother cooking in her kitchen. She was a great cook and made all sorts of Persian cuisine. She was famous for her delicious stews. I am fortunate to have all her recipes, and I will be adding them to our menu in the restaurant soon.
2. If you could cook with one celebrity chef (past or present), who would it be and why?
I already have the privilege of cooking with a celebrity chef which is our own chef at Farsi Food Factory Ltd, Mr. Tehrani. I think he is extremely well known and is considered one of the top six chefs in Tehran. I also wouldn’t mind cooking with Gordon Ramsay. I don’t think he features enough Persian recipes in his cookbooks and would like to show him how delicious and flavourful Persian food can be.
3. What are your favourite ingredients to cook with?
My favourite ingredients are quite simple. Everything fresh, like produce and meats, and never frozen food.
4. Fill in the blank: If I wasn’t a chef, I’d be…
I would work on a production line, creating new and innovative products.
5. If you could cook a meal for anyone, who would it be?