Jamaican Coconut Curry Shrimp from D&M Caribbean Flava
We love making curry – whether spicy or sweet, there are so many different ways to enjoy this dish around the world. Chef Marcel Angus of D&M Caribbean Flava was kind enough to share his recipe with us! We love the Jamaican curry flavours and the sweetness of coconut milk.
Find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Wholesale Club. Shop in-store or online!
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Jamaican curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1” ginger, grated
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- ½ tsp ground allspice or 5 pimento seeds
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (or your choice of oil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix ingredients together except the shrimp and cook over medium-low heat, until vegetables are cooked and curry is fragrant.
- Cook shrimp in a pan with oil.
- Serve shrimp and curry with rice, fried plantains, and vegetables.
Find D&M Caribbean Flava
Address: 885 Molson St Unit 5, Winnipeg, MB